Get Your Home Ready To Sell:
So, you're thinking of putting your home on market. There are a lot of things to consider before you make an appointment with your Realtor®. So what should you physically consider doing before you put your home up for sale. Consider this list as your go to guide to make your home look it's best. First Impressions are everything in this business. And this includes your Realtors® first impression. A homethat appears clean and well maintained is easier to show to clients and others Realtors®
1. If you have a lawn edge, mow and fertilize the lawn. Reseed bare areas.
2.Trim hedges, weed lawns and flowerbeds, and prune trees. Cut back or remove overgrown shrubbery. Make sure plant life is not touching your home
3. Reseal cracks in foundation, steps, driveway, walkways, walls and patios. Power-wash the exterior.
4. Clean gutters and downspouts.
5. Remove oil stains from driveway and garage. Keep walks and driveway swept or free of ice and/ or dirt and leaves..
6. Wash all of the windows, inside and out.
7. Hire a cleaning crew to thoroughly clean the interior.
8. Paint the walls and ceilings off white or beige.l Repair cracks, holes and damage to plaster, wallboard, wallpaper, paint, and tiles.
9. Replace damaged windowpanes, moldings and woodwork.
10. Repair drippy faucets and shower heads. Unclog slow drains.
11. Have your carpets professionally cleaned, scrub and wax linoleum or wood floors.
12. Clean out the fireplace and place fresh logs in it.
13. Clean and mend torn screens. Clean out all window tracks.
14. Replace burned-out light bulbs. Use brighter light bulbs.
15. Repair creaking boards or stairs; lubricate squeaking doors.
16. Clean all appliances (especially refrigerator and oven).
17. Replace old toilet seats and shower curtains.
18. Clear all cobwebs from corners and doorways.
19.Wash all light switches, electrical outlets, handrails, cabinet and closet doors and doorknobs.
20. Purchase a new welcome mat for your front door.
21. Consider painting your door a brighter color than your house to make it stand out.
22. Replace, or paint your mailbox.
23.Declutter, and remove old furniture
24. Consider having a professional perform a Home Inspection.
25. Remove personal and religious pictures. You want potential buyers to see this as there home.
These are just some of the steps that will help your home sell quicker and for the money you deserve. A well maintained home in coveted in these days of shrinking inventory.
Taking these steps can make the difference for a potential buyer to make your home there last stop!